OUR TRAINING IS A UNIQUE TRAINING MODEL
- MASSIWE envisaged and implemented a training program to empower the unemployed, under-employed and retrainable American Workforce in Maryland, USA through the remote support from India.
The Training Program is:
- In tune with the guidelines set by the Department of Labor (DOL) - Employment and Training Administration (ETA)’s workforce enforcement.
- A combination of Real-Time Instructor Led Classroom Training (ILT), Computer Based Training (CBT) and Remote Instructor Led Training & Support.
- Focused on Youth Empowerment Services (YES) including Resume Writing, Interview Skill development, Job Placement Assistance and On-Job Support.
- Collaborated with NGOs (Churches, Synagogues, Temples, Monasteries, etc.) in Maryland and HDR Infotech Private Limited, a private organization in India to offer the training program for free.
- Successfully conducted the training program at community centers in Maryland including but not limited to the Salvation Army, SASDAC, Gurunanak Foundation of Northern America (GNFA), BAPS Sri Swaminarayan Mandir, and the offices of MASSIWE in MD
- Completed training for 20 batches (around 200 attendees) in the last 2 years and in Prince George’s County and the Montgomery County of MD
- Strategy Development & Pilot Run of the MASSIWE’s Unique Training Program: MASSIWE, MD, USA invested more than $200,000.00 of their own funds into research, strategy development, marketing and testing a unique model of training involving a combination of Real-Time Instructor Led Class Room Training (ILT), Computer Based Training (CBT) and Remote Instructor Led Training & Support focused on Youth Empowerment Services (YES) including Skill Development, Job Placement and On Job Support. This model has been successfully tested with several groups of trainees across two counties, Prince Georges & Montgomery, in the state of MD, USA with a success rate of more than 50%who have been successfully employed.
- A Unique Training Model: In this context, we are making efforts to be associated with the State of Maryland in USA and the state of Sikkim in India by proposing a pilot run in one county (Prince George’s County) to motivate and train unemployed and under-employed American Workforce by involving the local NGOs (Churches, Synagogues, Temples, Monasteries, etc.). The proposed training program is a combination of Real-Time Instructor Led Class Room Training (ILT), Computer Based Training (CBT) and Remote Instructor Led (from the state of Sikkim in India) Training & Support focused on Youth Empowerment Services (YES) including Resume Writing, Interview Skill development, Job Placement Assistance and On-Job Support.
- Role of NGOs (Churches, Synagogues, Temples, Monasteries, etc.): HRD experience in USA revealed that though the Federal, State & County governments offer tuition fee for various trainings. Not many are applying and utilizing such an offer. This may be due to the lack of awareness, motivation, easy access to training programs, associated high cost of training, etc. Our experience has also revealed that many get enrolled into these training programs if we could succeed in motivating them through the local NGOs and religious places.
- Replicate Training across MD: HRD has plans to replicate this program starting with a Pilot Run and then extend to 10 counties of the 24 counties and county equivalents in MD in Phase I with the help of governments of MD and Sikkim.
- Extend Training across USA: Further, we would like to extend this program to 300 counties out of 3,144 counties and county equivalents in the 51 states in USA creating several thousands of jobs for qualified individuals both in USA and in Sikkim in succeeding Phases.